Prof. (Dr.) Supriya Madan - Dean - Placements
Ph.D (CS), M.Phil (CS), MCA, PG Diploma in Cyber Law
She started her professional career in 1989 as a senior programmer and EDP manager of a reputed public limited finance company. Her unyielding passion for IT field propelled her in developing software.s for various organizations, including export houses, hospitals and schools and with her expertise she was also engaged as consultant with automation companies.
After gaining practical knowledge and successful completion of projects, her zeal and enthusiasm for teaching brought her into full time academics in the year 2000. In her quest for knowledge she actively participated in conferences and seminars. Her research work has been published in reputed national and international conferences and International Journals and are quoted as .references..
Dr. Supriya has a versatile experience and is an erudite scholar in her own right. Her association with the field of Information Technology is a testimony of her fruitful and ongoing journey.
- Published paper on "Analyzing the techniques to secure Web Database Applications from SQL Injection Attacks" in International Conference organized by IMT Ghaziabad on 26th February 2008.
- Published paper on "Securing Web Application in Internet Banking" in National Conference organized by GGSIPU and CSI on 28th June 08. ISBN 10:0230-63605-5, 13:978-0230-63605-7.
- Published paper on "Scrutinizing International Security Standards To Mitigate the Vulnerabilities arising through SQL Injection Attacks" in OWASP meet held on 31st January 09.
- Published paper on "Lackadaisical Approach In Designing And Its Adverse Impact On Web Database Security" organized by BharthiaVidhya Peeth Delhi , and CSI Delhi, on 25thFebruary '09.
- Published paper on "Shielding Against SQL Injection Attacks Using ADMIRE Model" in CICSyN2009. International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication systems and Networks for Conference on 23-25 July 2009. Published by IEEE Explore. Digital Library Page(s):314 - 320
- Published paper on "Security Standards Perspective to Fortify Web Database Applications From Code Injection Attacks" in ISMS2010. International Conference on Intelligent System, modeling and Simulation, Liverpool England 27-29 January 2010. ISBN 978-0-7695-3973-7. Published be IEEE Explore.
- Published paper titled "Bulwark Against SQL Injection Attack - An Unified Approach" in the International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Seoul, Korea , Journal ISSN : 1738-7906, Volume no : VOL 10 No 5 pages 305-313 , May 2010.
- Published paper titled "Obviating Code Injection Attacks Through Preventive Framework.' in the Cyber Times International Journal of Technology & Management ISSN: 2278-7518, ", Vol. 5, No.1, October 2011 - March 2012 pages 39-48
Prof. (Dr. ) Vinay Kumar- Dean
Ph.D. (Comp. Sc.) MCA, M.Sc. (Math)
Dr. Vinay Kumar did his Ph. D. from University of Delhi, and MCA from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi. He worked as scientist in National Informatics Centre, GOI for 21 years before taking voluntary retirement from NIC in December, 2012. At that time, he was working in NIC as Scientist E & Technical Director. He has extensively contributed to knowledge arena through his book and research publications. He has authored a book of Discrete Mathematics, published by BPB. The second edition is published in January, 2015. He has also contributed a chapter in book published by IGI Global. USA. He has more than 60 research publications. Latest list of publications is available at. http://knowdrvinaykumar.blogspot.in. His areas of interest are Graph Theoretic Approach of algorithmic problem solving, Information Security & Privacy, Geographic Information System Data Modeling, Restricting Backtracking in NP problems, Digital watermarking of Spatial Data, and E-governance. He has supervised project works of over 100 students at MCA, M. Tech level. At present about eight scholars are pursuing Ph.D. under him from different Universities. Visit http://knowdrvinaykumar.blogspot.in for detail.
Prof. (Dr.) Mamta Madan
Ph.D (CS), M.Phil (CS), MCA, MBA (HR)
Professor Mamta Madan is an accomplished professor of Computer Science. She started her journey in academics by graduating with B.Sc (Hons) Physics from Delhi University with excellent academic record and was awarded by National Graduate Physics Society Association at Delhi University for getting first position in the college. She further studied at Jamia Milia Islamia and holds dual Master degrees, in Computer Application (MCA) and Business Administration (MBA). Further in her pursuit of education she completed her Master of Philosophy (M.phil) and Doctoral research (P.hd.) in Computer Science from Banasthali Vidyapith - Rajasthan.
Prof. Madan has over 16 years of experience in research and academics. She is associated with VIPS since inception. In recognition of her contributions in academics, Prof. Madan was honoured with the Best Teacher Award at VIPS in the year 2008-2009. During her tenure with VIPS, she also contributed significantly and spearheaded the training and placement cell for many years. Many placement drives were organised at VIPS under her guidance and students were placed in SAP, Infosys, Computer Science Corporation, HCL Technologies, Wipro, I Gate etc. Dr. Madan is also member of NAAC committee and Academic Council at VIPS.
She is actively involved in research in the areas of artificial intelligence, software engineering, data mining and cloud computing. She is guiding different Ph.D students enrolled at various Indian universities. She is associated with many professional and research bodies like Central Board of Secondary Education, Computer Society of India etc. Her expertise goes well beyond the classroom, as she is in the panel of examiners at various universities and has evaluated numerous projects of computer science. She has published and presented many papers in National and International Journals of repute.
- Published a paper on "Convalescence optimization of input allocation problem using hybrid Genetic algorithm" in international journal title "Journal of computer science", ISSN 1549-3636 on 20th April 2010
- Published paper on "Ameliorating Metaheuristics in Optimization Domains" in Methodologies, Tools and Operations Research. International conference on European Modelling Symposium 25-27 NOV 2009 Athens Greece. Published by IEEE Explore, ISBN: 978-0-7695-3886-0.
- Published a paper in scientific abstract of 60th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (2008) title "Role of E- Commerce in Pharmacy" organized by IPCA.
- Paper presented and published in International Conference on "Optimizing the scheduling Process of Software Project Management using genetic Algorithm" organized by IMT Ghaziabad on 26th February 2008.
- Published and Presented paper titled "Social Entrepreneurship: Gateway to Economic Development" in International Conference." organized by IMT Ghaziabad Feb 2009.
- Published paper on "Problem solving using Nature.s Way-Genetic Algorithm" in National conference organized by BharthiaVidhya Peeth College of Engg. , and CSI Delhi, on 25th February 2009.
- Attended 2 days workshop on SPSS and Institution Building at VIPS.
- Attended 5 days workshop on .net organized by Microsoft and GGSIP University.
- Attended 5 days National level Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) on "Building Enterprise solutions using J2EE" at Bharati Vidyapeeth.s Inst. of Computer Applications & Management.
- Attended international seminar on "Organizational effectiveness through IT enabled strategies" at Delhi Inst. of Advance studies.
- Attended the seminar on "Data storage & retrieval: The state being" organized by Apeejay School of Management.
- Attended 2 days workshop on "Network security and ethical hacking" at Deen Dayal Upadhaya College.
- Attended NIIT .SEED (School of employee education and development) at Chennai for VC++.
Areas of Specialisation
Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Software engineering, softcomputing and cloud computing.
Dr. M.Bala Subramanian
(Ph.D, M.Sc, MPhil, PGDPM)
M.Bala Subramanian has completed his B.sc (Physics) and M.sc (physics)from Madras University and Bharathidasan University respectively with good academic records. He has done his M.Phil and Doctorate in Madurai Kamaraj University. He has carried out his research in Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karakudi, Tamil Nadu.
The novel feature of his research work is the employment of Pulse Plating technique for the deposition of binary and ternary semi-conducting thin films on glass and titanium substrates. His areas of specialization are Spectroscopy and Thin films.
- He has participated and presented five papers in National and International Conferences.
- He has published five papers in reputed International journals (ELSEVIER).
- Published a paper on Characteristics of Pulse Plated CdxZn1-xSe Films in Current Applied Physics 10 (2010) 734-739 [ELSEVIER]
- Published a paper on Structural, Optical and Electrical Properties of CdxZn1-xSe Films in ECS Transactions, 13 (10) 53-58 (2008)
- Published a paper on Characteristics of Pulsed Plated CdZnSe Films in ECS Transactions, 6(25) 263-267(2008)
- Published a paper on Properties of Pulse Plated ZnSe Films in Materials Science & Engineering A 431(2006) 118-122 [ELSEVIER]
- Presented a paper in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Physics organized by Jayaraj Annapackiam College, periyakulam, Tamil Nadu.(30th and 31st August,2007.)
- Participated in National Workshop on Principles and Practice of the X-ray Diffraction conducted by Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu.( From May 30 to June 2, 2005).
- Presented a paper on IR and Raman Studies of (NH4 )3ZnCl5 in International Conference on Raman Spectroscopy (November 2-6,1988) organized by Indian Association of the Cultivation of Science, Calcutta.
- Presented a paper in the Solid State Physics Symposium (December 27-31, 1987) at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Bombay, Organized by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
He has total teaching experience of 22 years. Many of his students got university ranks.
Dr. Rajan Gupta
Ph.D. (Comp. Sc.), MCA, M.Phil (CS)
Dr. Rajan Gupta is working as Associate Professor in school of IT at Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies since 2006. He has completed his doctorate in Computer Science and applications from Maharshi Dayanad University, Rohtak, Haryana. He received degree of M.Phil (Computer Science) in 2007 and Master of Computer Application from Department of Computer Science and Applications, Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar, Haryana in 2002. He has more than 10 years of teaching experience at various graduate and post graduate institutions. He has more than 6 research papers to his credit in various refereed International Journals and 4 in various International/National Journals and Conferences. His interest areas include Data Warehousing & Data Mining, Financial Fraud Detection Operating Systems and Computer Networks.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Rajan Gupta and Nasib S. Gill (2012), "Prevention and Detection of Financial Statement Fraud . An Implementation of Data Mining Framework", International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications Volume 3 No. 8, pp. 150 . 156, Published by The Science and Information Organization, U.S.A.
- Rajan Gupta and Nasib S. Gill (2012), "Detection of Financial Statement Fraud using Text Mining", International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications Volume 3 No. 12, pp. 189 . 191, Published by The Science and Information Organization, U.S.A.
- Rajan Gupta and Nasib S. Gill (2012), "A Data Mining Framework for Prevention and Detection of Financial Statement Fraud", International Journal of Computer Applications 50(8):7 . 14. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, U.S.A.
- Rajan Gupta and Nasib S. Gill (2012), "A Solution for Preventing Fraudulent Financial Statement using Descriptive Data Mining", International Journal of Computer Applications 58(1):22 . 28. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, U.S.A.
- Rajan Gupta and Nasib S. Gill (2012), "Prevention of Financial Statement Fraud using Data Mining", International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, U.S.A., Volume 10 No. 4, pp. 55 . 59.
- Rajan Gupta and Nasib S. Gill (2012), "Data Mining Techniques . A Key for Detection of Financial Statement Fraud", International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, U.S.A., Volume 10 No. 3, pp. 49 . 57.
- Nasib S. Gill and Rajan Gupta (2012), "Analysis of Data Mining Techniques for Detection of Financial Statement Fraud", ICFAI University Press Journal of Systems Management, Vol. X, No. 1, pp. 7 . 15.
- Nasib S. Gill and Rajan Gupta (2009), "Prevention and Detection of Financial Statement Fraud . A Data Mining Approach", ICFAI University Press Journal of Systems Management, Vol. VII, No. 3, pp. 55-68.
- Rajan Gupta, "Grid Security Architecture", In the Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mobile Technologies and Security, organised by Department of Computer Science and Applications, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (March 2012)
- Rajan Gupta, "Fraud detection and Data Mining", In the Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends, Technologies and programming Paradigms, organised by Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies, New Delhi (March 2009).
Dr. Deepali Kamthania
Dr. Mukta Narang
Dr. Mukta Narang is an Associate Professor with over a decade experience in teaching, research and administration. She's a Ph.D from Jamia Millia Islamia in the area of security measurement in software intensive systems with many publications under her name. Her expert areas are Software Security, Software Engineering, operating system and Cognitive Sciences.
Dr. Pawan Whig
Ms. Kanta Malik
M.Sc, B.Ed, NET (Mathematics)
Having done her B Sc & B Ed from the Regional Instt of Edn, Bhopal, she pursued M Sc (Mathematics) from the prestigious Institute of Science, Mumbai University, wherein she attained distinction & was awarded the Gold Medal from the University. She cleared the NET conducted by UGC-CSIR in the year 1999.
Apart from exhibiting excellence in academic field, she has made valuable contributions in all spheres of activities in the college over the period including organizing annual college cultural fests, sports & other activities thereby establishing herself well amongst the student & teaching faculty alike.
Ms. Indu Sahu
MCA, M.Phil (CS)
She graduated in Science and obtained her Masters in Computer Applications. She received her degree of M.Phil. (Computer Science) in 2007.
She has 21 years of experience in academia with almost 11 years devoted to graduate level teaching at various institutions.
She has to her credit research papers in various Conferences.
Areas Of Specialisation
Security Issues in Mobile Government.
Ms. Vani Nijhawan
Ms. Vani Kapoor is working as an Assistant Professor in Vivekananda Institute of Professional studies. She has a teaching experience of about 5 years. Her expertise is in C Language, Mobile Computing and Internet Programming. She has done BCA and MCA from GGSIP University. She has also completed M.Phi l in Computer Science in 2009. She has attended many conferences and FDP.s and has also presented papers in National conferences.
Published paper on "Pragmatic Overview of Cloud Computing and Its Security Challenges" in a National Conference on Computing For National Development organized by BVICAM, New Delhi (March,2011).
Ms. Neha Verma Malhotra
MCA, M.Tech (IT)
Prior to joining VIPS, she worked for AVL India Software PVT LTD. as a software developer in embedded systems.
She obtained her B.Sc in Computer Science from Delhi University. She obtained her MCA from GGSIPU and M.Tech from USIT, GGSIPU in Information Technology.
"An overview of web content mining with cleaning of redundant links from web pages", Proceeding of the international conference on business intelligence-An alignment of IT & management, IMT Faridabad, 9th April 2011.
"Keeping secrets secret with protocol steganography", Proceeding of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Advanced Computing & Informatics, 8-9th May 2011.
"Introductiontoaudio steganography: implementation of hiding data using LSB", Proceeding of National Conference on Next Generation Technologies for Information Management (NGITM-2009).
She is J2EE certified professional from NIIT
She published and presented research papers in various National and International Conferences.
Areas of specialisation
Data Mining, OOP Programming with JAVA and C++, Data Structure.
Ms. Meenu Chopra
MCA, M.Tech, NET
Currently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Information Technology with an extensive teaching experience of more than 8 years including 3 years is of corporate at executive and coding level and more than 5 years is of academic and research. I have completed M.Tech (IT), cleared NET in Computer Applications (ICAR) and holds Master Degree (MCA) from GGSIP University. I am pursuing my doctorate in Computer science on Web Mining using various analytical techniques to improve the higher education in India. I have 07 papers to credit in proceedings of Journals of National and International repute. I had participated in more than 7 FDP, workshops and seminar in universities. Subjects taught by me are Programming Languages, Computer Graphics, Database Management Systems, Data Mining and Management System. My area of research interest lies in Web Mining and Technologies, Mobile Computing, Computer Networks and Security. I have been guiding the students at graduate and postgraduate levels in their major/summer projects works. Involved actively as member of various committees in the institute including attendance, cultural. I have served the university in various capacities such as Question paper setter, Internal Examiner, External Examiner, and Valuator. Guiding and motivating the students towards computer application oriented research remains the core of research vision.
- To Understand the Social Media Groups through Clustering Technique, In Proc. International Conference on Innovations in Management and Information Technology (ICIMIT), 2012, pp. 124.
- A challenge to Search the student Knowledge in Social Networking Sites for Higher Education, In Proc. National Conference on Innovation and Challenges in Management Practices (NCICMP),2012, pp. 255-261.
- The framework of Data Mining, Management in Knowledge and Warehouse for Knowledge, In Proc. National Conference on Global Economic Scenario - Threats and Opportunities for Corporate World (NC-TOCW),2012, pp. 483-493.
- The Final Product that Combination of Knowledge Management and Data Mining with Knowledge Warehouse, In Proc. International Conference on Communication Languages and Signal Processing with Reference to 4G Technologies (ICCLSP), Alliance Françse De , New Delhi ,2012, , pp. 62.
- The Journey of Data Mining, In Proc. International Conference on Bioinformatics an Interface between Computer Science and Biology (I-ISC), JMI, 2011, pp 122-
- From Past to Present the Phases of Data Mining, In Proc. National Conference on Information and Network Technology (NC-INT), NICE, 2011, pp. 92-96.
- E-Learning: Trends of Content Management System and Role of Digital Libraries, In Proc. National Conference on Global Business Strategies and Practices (NC-GBSP), 2010, pp 3.
Ms. Pooja Thakar
M.Sc (CS), M.Tech (IT), M.Phil (CS)
Ms. Pooja Thakar is working as an assistant professor in Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies since 2010. She has more than 12 years of experience in academia with 6 years devoted at various graduate and post graduate institutions. She graduated in Science and obtained her M.Tech.(IT) from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Her other educational background includes, M.Phil. (CS), M.Sc. (CS). She has to her credit 11 research papers in various International/National Journals and Conferences. Her interest areas include Data Mining, Software Engineering, and Testing.
Paper presented and published titled "Mining Software Bug Repositories . Opportunities and Challenges " in National Conference on Challenges in Information Systems & Technology organized by Apeejay School of Management, New Delhi on September 9th, 2011
Paper presented and published titled "Mobile Government . Citizen Centric, but is it Secure? " in National Conference on Challenges in Information Systems & Technology organized by Apeejay School of Management, New Delhi on September 9th, 2011
Paper published in National Seminar on the theme "Innovation and Creativity: Tools for Success in Contemporary Management Era", on 25th & 26th February, 2011 in Journal "Disha Journal of Management (ISSN No.0976-2574)." organized by Disha Institute of Management and Technology, Satya Vihar, Vidhansabha-Chandrakhuri Marg, Raipur- 492 001, Chhattisgarh
Paper presented and published titled "A Comprehensive Tool for Indian Banking Sector: CRM with DM" in "National Conference on Information Management in Knowledge Economy" organized by USMS, GGSIP University jointly with IETE, CSI and IEEE Delhi at New Delhi on March 20th, 2010.
Paper published titled "Dynamic Sensor Data Mining for Effective M-Commerce" in International Conference on Computing, Communications, and Information Technology Applications January 21-23, 2010 organized by V.L.B. Janakiammal College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
Paper presented and published titled "A New Approach for Effective Mobile Commerce - Dynamic Sensor Data Mining" in National Conference on Next Generation Technologies for Information Management (NGTIM-2009) held on 7th Nov.'09, organized by ITS, Ghaziabad.
Paper published titled "Mining S/W Repositories" in National IT conference held on 21st March' 09, organized by Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies, Delhi
Paper titled "Implementing Predictive Modeling Using Market Based Analysis In Data Mining" was published in the proceedings of National Conference on "Evolving Communication Technologies and Knowledge Management" organized by Amitya Institute of Technology and Science, Rajkot, Gujarat in Nov '08.
Paper Entitled "Integration Of Data Present In Various Biological Databases To Support Future Biological Researches" Published in National Conference on "Emerging Trends in Information Technology" held at P.E.S. College of Engineering, Aurangabad during 28th- 29th January, 2008.
Paper on "Database Challenges in Integration of Biological Data present in various Distributed Biological Databases" published in National Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics and Information Technology held at SRES College of Engineering Kopargaon during 28-29 July 2006 - sponsored by IEEE Bombay section
Mr. Dheeraj Malhotra
M.Tech (IT), AMIE (CSE), DOEACC A Level, GATE (CS & IT)
Mr. Dheeraj Malhotra is working as an Assistant Professor in Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies since 2009. He obtained his M.Tech. in Information Technology from USIT, GGSIPU. He completed his AMIE in Computer Science and Engineering from The Institution of Engineers (India). He is A Level certified professional from DOEACC Society, MHRD, Govt. of India. He scored more than 80 percentile successively in GATE 2010 and GATE 2012 in CS & IT branch from IIT Delhi. His interest areas include Web Data Mining, Computer Architecture, Data Structures and Computer Graphics.
- Published paper on "An Ingenious Pattern Matching Approach to Ameliorate Web Page Rank" in International Journal of Computer Application Volume 65.No.24, March 2013, Foundation of Computer Science, New York (U.S.A) ISSN: 0975- 8887.
- Published Paper on "Searching and Disposing of Duplicate Web Data through Rectangular Representation" in International Conference held in IMT, Faridabad, April, 2012.
- Presented and published paper on "Pattern Matching Using Domain Dictionary Approach for Web Mining" in National Conference NCETIT-2012, IITM, Janakpuri, Delhi, March 2012
Ms. Neha Kohli
She is currently working as Assistant Professor with Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies. She has 4 years experience of teaching post graduate students. She has guided various projects at the post graduate level.
She has a bachelor.s degree in Computer Science from Delhi University & has completed her master.s from IP University.
She has attended various Conferences & FDP.s. She has organized various IT Seminars & inter- college fest.
Areas of specialisation
Computer networks, e-commerce & data mining.
Ms. Neha Goel
Ms. Neha Goel is currently working as Assistant Professor with Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. from Banasthali Vidyapith. She has done her B.C.A and M.C.A. from GGSIPU. She has also written and presented various research papers which have been published in National and International Journals She has more than 4 years of experience in both industry and academia. She has guided several projects at MCA level. She was a part of the organizing committee and conducted various Seminars and Conferences held at National and International Level. She has been an active participant in attending various FDP.s and Seminars organized within and outside the College. Her area of specialization includes Computer Networks and Data Mining.
Research paper titled "Collaborating E-Commerce with Data Mining: A CREAMY Aspect published in EXCEL Publication Book.
Research Paper titled" A Comparative Analysis of BI tools"published in Narosa Publications Book named "Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing".
Ms. Shefali Kapoor
Graduate in Mathematics honours from Jesus & Mary College, University of Delhi (Batch of 2008).
Post graduate (Masters) in Mathematics from Hansraj College, University of Delhi (Batch of 2010).
Currently pursuing PhD. in the field of .Algebraic Coding Theory..
Areas of Specialization
Applied Mathematics: Mathematical Programming, Optimization Techniques &Control Theory,Differential Equations, Measure andIntegration, Algebraic Coding Theory, Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics.
Pure Mathematics: Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, Functional Analysis, Topology, Linear Algebra, Modern Algebra, Module Theory.
Ms. Aastha Bhardwaj
MCA (Computer Science)
Ms Aastha Bhardwaj working as Assistant professor in VIPS, pursued her BCA and MCA from GGSIPU. Before joining VIPS, she was associated with study centres of IGNOU and MDU as faculty for MCA/BCA students.
Being passionate about web technologies, she has worked as freelance software developer thereby bagging many projects to add in her portfolio (http://www.hdcreations.co.in)
- Recent projects:
- Content management system and website for the NGO named as Karmaarth (www.karmaarth.org)
- BuySellValue - a popular property portal used in Australia (buysellvalue.com)
- Shop2AP is a website that helps its customers to deliver Gifts in India. (www.shop2eluru.com)
- Website for a pharmaceutical industry (www.forellabs.com)
- Web application for a Web Development & Business Process Outsourcing firm,Sprtek
- IZeApp - A back office system/MIS for a job consultancy
- DB2 9 by IBM
Mr. Sachin Gupta
M.Phil (Operational Research), MSc (Applied Operational Research), BSc (Mathematical Sc.), NET
5 years of Teaching Experience
- Research and Publications:
- Gupta, R.K. and Gupta, S. (2010), “A study of Bullwhip effect in Retail Trade – A case of Delhi Region”, 4th International Conference: Strategies for Management held at Bharti Vidhyapith University, New Delhi.
- Gupta, S. and Goel, S. (2011),“Retailers Optimal Order Quantity Decision Under the Impact of Push Marketing Strategies to Reduce the Impact of Bullwhip Effect”, Business Competitiveness in the 21st Century: Emerging challenges in a changing global business environment. ISBN no: 978-935-059-034-8. Publisher: McMillan.
Paper presented in International Conference ICEMAC 2011, held at Ajay kumar Garg Institute of Management.
- Gupta, S. (2012), “Retailers EOQ for Finite Horizon to Reduce the Impact of Bullwhip effect”, Zenith International Journal of Business Economics and Management Research, Vol.2 Issue 3, 151-164, ISSN 2249 8826.
- Gupta, S. (2012), “Retailers Optimal Order Quantity in Case of Deterministic Demand in Supply Chain Management to Reduce the Impact of Bullwhip Effect”, Journal for Practicing Managers, Vol. 2, No 01, 36-42, ISSN 2230-7419.
- Gupta, S. (2012), “Demand Estimation under Push Marketing Strategy: Tool to Mitigate Bullwhip Effect”, International Journal of research in Commerce and Management, Vol No. 3, Issue no. 3, 93-98, ISSN no: 0976-2183.
- Gupta, S. and Mishra, P. (2012), “Information technology: Tool to Mitigate Bullwhip Effect in Management”, International Journal of Management and Information Technology. Vol. 1, No. 3, ISSN no: 2278-5612.
- Kumar, S. and Gupta, S. (2011), “Effective Implementation of Supply Chain Management using Management Information System”, “Managing Business Development in Globalized world: strategies for excellence”. ISBN no: 978-817-446-927-4.
Paper presented at 4th National Conference organized by Prestige Institute of Management, Dewas, M.P.
- Vaid, J. and Gupta, S. (2011), “Marketing Strategies for Effective Implementation of Supply Chain Management for Bottom of Pyramid”, Lingaya's Lalita Devi Journal of Professional Studies, Vol. 1, No 01, 308-324, ISSN no: 2230- 987X.
Paper presented at National conference organized at Lingaya's Lalita Devi Institute of Management and Sciences.
- Gupta, S. and Gupta, A. K. (2012), “Mergers and Acquisition: Strategy to Deal with Dynamic Behavior of Supply Chain Management”, Zenith International Journal of Business Economics and Management Research, October 2012. ISSN No: 2249-8826.
- Kumar, S. and Gupta, S. (2012), “Time Dependent Error Detection Rate: Software Reliability Growth Models V/S Statistical Techniques”, International Journal of research in Commerce, IT and Management, Vol. 2, Issue No. 7, ISSN 2231-5756.
- Mittal, R. Gupta, S. and Pareek, S. (2013), “A note on life cycle analysis of electronic products for exponential demand with negative slope”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, vol. 4, Issue No. 8, ISSN 2229-5518.
- Mittal, R. Gupta, S. and Pareek, S. (2013), “Greening the Supply Chain with Reworked Items”, International Journal of Advancement in Research and Technology, vol. 2, Issue No. 8, ISSN 2278-7763.
- Mittal, R. Gupta, S. and Pareek, S. (2013), “Pressures, Practices & Performance of Green Supply Chain (A Study in Indian perspective)”, Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, Vol. 5 ,No. 5, ISSN 2073 7122
- Mittal, R. Gupta, S. and Pareek, S. (2013), “Hierarchy of Green Supply Chain Components" communicated to American Journal of Advanced Scientific Research (AJASR), USA
3 more communicated to international journals.
Attended various management development program and faculty development program at IIT and various reputed institutions.
Ms. Priyanka Gupta
I did my MCA from Jagan Institute of Management Studies, IP University in 2009-2012 and B.Sc. Physics(H) from Hansraj College, Delhi University in 2006-2009. Also I have done diploma in ‘O' level from DOEACC.
Recently, I have cleared NET examination in Computer Science held in June, 2013.
Work Experience: I worked as a software trainer in Aptech Ltd. For 8 months before joining Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies. I also worked as a software engineer in NIIT Technologies Ltd. For 6 months before joining Aptech Ltd.
I have attended various FDPs in VIPS.
Efficiency in following subjects: C, C++, Java, Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics, Database Management Systems, Computer Networks, Operating System, Computer Graphics, SQL, PL/SQL etc.
Ms. Cosmena Mahapatra
M.Tech(I.T), M.Phil (CS), MCA, (Computer Science)
Field of Interest:
Wireless Sensor Networks, Networks, CSA, OS.
Advanced Computer Networks, Computer Networks, Data Structure, C++, Computer Organization, DE LAB, FIT, E-Commerce (MBA), ITM (MBA)
firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
Teaching/Research Experience: 7 Yrs.
Ms. Cosmena Mahapatra has more then half a decade of teaching experience at post graduate level. Her current teaching assignment's comprises of Computer Organization and Object Oriented Programming in C++. Her areas of interest are Advanced Computer Networks, Sensor Based Networks and E-Commerce. She has guided various project and research papers at M.C.A. level.
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems, National Conference, VAISH College of Engineering, Rohtak, March 27, 2010.
- Cloud Computing , National Conference, Bharati Vidyapeeth, New Delhi ,March 11th , 2011.
- Ecommerce and Security Issues, National Conference, SSIETM, Jalandhar, April 9th, 2011.
- Steganography, National Conference, Bharati Vidyapeeth, New Delhi, Februray, 2012.
- Review Of WSN Localization, National Conference, IITM, March 2012.
- Analysis of MLP Model for Localization in WSN, National UGC Recognized Conference, MVDU, Jammu, March 2012.
- Security Issues of Business Transaction Oriented Applications, National Conference, Ethics and Ethos, July 28th 2013.
- Review: Synthesizing Information Technology With Human Capital Management – A Success Story With Future Prospects", ZIJMR VOLUME - 03 ISSUE - 11 (NOV.,2013), Co Author Tania Mahaptra, pp 195-202.
- Review of insidious attacks and its protection mechanisms for wireless sensor networks, ijecs, Volume 2 Issue 6 June 2013.
Ms. Anupama Jha
Before joining Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, I have worked as an Assistant Prof. in the Dept. of Computer Sc. Miranda House, Delhi University. I have approximately 8 years of teaching experience in Delhi University as well as 2 years of Industrial experience in software industry encompassing design, development and customization of software products. Well versed with complete project lifecycles.
Did my MCA from Birla Institute Of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi and M.Phil.(Computer Sc.) from Madurai Kamraj University in 2008.
Efficiency in subjects like Computer Architecture, Computer Network, Operating System, DBMS, Digital Electronics, Internet, Software Engineering, System Software, Computational skills, Unix Shell Programming, C, Web Mining etc.
Attended workshop Robotics: Toching Lives, organized at Miranda House, Delhi University.
Worked as a Coordinator for INSIPIRE Internship Programme organized in Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sc., Delhi University.
Attended various FDPs in Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi
Attended FDP in Bhartiya Vidyapeeth's Institute of Computer Applications and Management, New Delhi.
Associated with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) as a Course Writer for MCA Programme. The unit named Computer Organization has already been published.
Involved as an Examiner in Central Evaluation for checking Undergraduate course paper in Delhi University.
Ms. Shailee Bhatia
M.Tech, MBA, MPhil, MCA
Assistant Professor at Vivekananda Institute Of Professional Studies.
She has been awarded the degrees of B.E.(Comp Sc. & Engg.) with honours and M.Tech.(Comp Sc. & Engg.) from MDU, Rohtak and also received the degree of M.Phil.(Comp Sc) with grade A in dissertation.
She has worked as Assistant Professor at MIT, Indore and at TCSC, Mumbai. She has also served Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering, Delhi.
Attended International Conference ICRTITCS 2011 at Mumbai and is energetically involved in organising various seminars and workshops at state and national level.
Shailee Bhatia has been studying spiritual knowledge and practicing the ancient technique of Rajyoga Meditation for the past 12 years.
Ms. Seema Sharma
Currently working as an Assistant Professor in Department of Information Technology, she did her B.Tech in Information Technology from MDU Rohtak and M.Tech in Computer Science from MMU, Mullana in 2012. She has around 2 years of experience in teaching and is a Sun certified professional in Java. She has worked on various projects and has guided students for their projects at B.Tech and MCA level. Her research work includes link failure prevention in Mobile Ad Hoc Netwoks.
Area of Specialisation:
Mobile ad hoc Networks, Mobile Computing, Artificial Intelligence
Ms. Megha Bansal
Ms. Megha Bansal is working as an Assistant Professor in Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies. She has more than 2 years of teaching experience and in addition to that she also posses half year of corporate experience of Birlasoft Ltd. She has also written and presented various research papers which have been published in National and International conferences. She endlessly guided numerous graduate students in their Summer/Minor/Major Projects. She has served the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprashtha University in various competences as Internal Examiner, External Examiner, Evaluator and Question Paper Setter. She has attended many conferences, seminars, symposiums and FDP for incessant augmentation.
She graduated in Science from Miranda House, Delhi University and obtained her M.C.A. from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprashtha University.
- Academic Achievements
- Secured 2nd position in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprashtha University in Data Warehousing and Data Mining.
- Secured 3rd position in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprashtha University in Requirements Elicitation Techniques.
- Secured 2nd position in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprashtha University in Software Testing.
- Secured 2nd position in IT-Project Exhibition conducted by RDIAS in 2010.
- Secured 1st position in IT-Project Exhibition conducted by RDIAS in 2009.
- Received Vivekananda Award in 17th july 2005.
- Paper titled “Information Dissemination and consumption without bounds by Mobile computing and business Intelligence: Socio-IT Entrepreneurship” presented and published at National conference on “Internet computing & communication: contemporary issues, enhancement & future aspects” at Tecnia institute of Advanced studies, Rohini, New Delhi, on 21st April'12.
- Paper titled “Collaboration-Indeed strategy for Agile and Cloud blending success” presented and published at International Conference on Issues & Challenges in Networking, Intelligence & Computing Technologies held on 2-3rd September, 2011 at KIET.
- Paper titled “DATA INTEGRATION CHALLENGES” presented and published at National conference on Challenges in Information systems and technology (NCCIST-2011) at Apeejay School of Management, Dwarka, New Delhi, on 09th September'11.
- Presented and Published a Paper Titled as “NANOTECHNOLOGY: Future of Global Business” at National Conference on “Global Business strategies and practices: Lessons for developing and emerging economies” April, 10 conducted by RDIAS.
- Presented Paper on “Nanotechnology“ at Razzmatazz-2010(Annual techno-cultural fest of RDIAS). Awarded second prize for it.
- Presented Paper on “Carbon Nanotubes“ at Razzmatazz-2009(Annual techno-cultural fest of RDIAS). Awarded first prize for it.
Worked over a variety of projects, to name a few are: Stream solutions Print Assist Version 3.0 and Michael Page International.
Proficiency: HP QC, Bugzilla2.0 and SQL Server.
Area of Interest
Operating System, Datawarehouse and Data Mining, Artifical Intelligence and Computer Networks.
Ms. Alpna Sharma
MCA, M.Tech, MSc(IT), B.Sc
Ms. Alpna Sharma is working as an Assistant Professor in Vivekananda Institute of professional studies. She pursuaded her Bachelor's in science from Himachal Pradesh University,Shimla and completed her MCA from Punjab Technical University. She is also an M.Tech from Kurushetra Open University. She also possesses a Certificate over Dot Net Technologies from Aptech Ltd. She has around 4+ years of teaching experience. She has also guided many projects based on Dot Net Technologies, Java etc.
Area of Specialization:
C, C++, DBMS, Data Structure, Dot Net (Windows Forms, ASP.net, Web services, WPF, WCF, LINQ), Java Programming, Computer Networks.
Ms. Rashmi Bakshi
I am recently working as an Assistant Professor at Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, VSIT department. I studied Bachelors of Information Technology from Eastern Meditterenean University - EMU(European Union Membership) for the years 2007-2011. I studied Masters of Computer Science from University of Bern,Switzerland (2011-2013). I worked as part time student assistant at EMU for Advance Database System course(Oracle). I worked as part time student assistant at University of Fribourg (Switzerland) under the supervision of Prof. Philippe Cudré-Mauroux for 3 months to implement the work done in my master thesis.
- Bakshi, R., Gupta, S. Empirical Evaluation of Human Factors that Affect Design of the Product. International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 100- Number 9, August 2014
- Bakshi,R.,Gupta,S.A Literature Review of Designing, Modality and Psychological perspective in Human-Computer Interaction. International Journal of Engineering Science Invention ,Volume 3 Issue 5,May 2014 , PP.18-26
Ms. Prerna Ajmani
Ms. Prerna Ajmani is working as an Assistant Professor in department of Computer Science. She has keen interest in computers and strongly believes in imparting quality education with emphasis on Computer Science. She started her journey in academics by graduating with B.Sc (Hons) Physics from Delhi University with excellent academic record. She holds dual Master degrees, in Computer Application (MCA) and M.Tech in Computer Science from Delhi Technological University (formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering).
Ms. Prerna Ajmani has over 5 years of experience in research and academics. She is actively involved in research in the areas of operating systems, software engineering, data warehouses and data mining. She has published and presented many papers in National and International Journals of repute.
- Published a technical paper on “Proposed Fuzzy CPU Scheduling Algorithm(PFCS) for Real Time Operating Systems” in BIJIT-BVICAM’S INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY(ISSN 0973-5658) having Impact Factor-0.605.
- Published and Presented a technical paper on "Proposed Fuzzy CPU Scheduling Algorithm(PFCS) for Real Time Operating Systems" in INDIACOM-2013,7th National Conference on Computing For Nation Development, held at BVICAM, Paschim Vihar,New Delhi on March 7-8,2013.
- Published a a technical paper on "A COMPARITIVE STUDY OF VARIOUS CPU SCHEDULING SIMULATOR" in an International Conference on "Diversifying Trends in Technology and Management", held at Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) ,Delhi on April 6-7,2013.
- Published and Presented a technical paper on "Image Databases: A Survey Study" in National Conference on "INDIA: SURVIOUR OF ECONOMIC RECESSION", held at Trinity Institute of Professional Studies, Dwarka, New Delhi on March 17, 2012.
- Submitted a technical paper on "Transnational issues in Cyber terrorism and Forensics" in response to call for papers in Tecnia Journal of Management on 15/3/2010.
- Participated in FDP on "High Performance Computing Using Oracle 12c Database" held at BVICAM on 24th November, 2013.
- Participated in FDP on "ICT Enabled 21st Century Teaching Learning System" held at BVICAM on 24th -25th November, 2012.
- Participated in National Conference on "Recent Trends in Computing & IT Security" held at Ideal Institute of Management & Law on 24th Jan, 2012.
- Attended Conference on "Meeting the Cyber Crime Challenge through Capacity Building" by DSCI held at Hyatt, Delhi on 7th March, 2011.
- Presented "Cloud Computing" in FDP held at SGTBIM&IT on 10th June, 2011.
- Participated in workshop on "Recent Trends in Software Testing" held at DTU on 17th Sept, 2010.
- Participated in workshop on "Intellectual Property Right meets IT" held at DTU on 25th-26th Oct, 2010.
Areas of Research
Operating Systems, Data Mining, Software engineering and Soft Computing.
Ms. Sakshi Khullar
Sakshi Khullar is working as assistant professor in Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies. She holds a degree of B.Tech in Information Technology from Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering (GGSIPU) and completed her M.Tech from Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology in Information Science. She has a GATE percentile of 99.03.
A Novel Content based zero watermarking algorithm for tamper proofing text documents.
Information Security, Data Mining, Watermarking
Sakshi has worked as an Intellectual Property Researcher in CPA Global. She was a part of Microsoft Patent Engineers team that conducted patentability searches for Microsoft patents.
- Sakshi Khullar,Bijendra Singh, "A Novel Content Based Zero Watermarking Algorithm For Tamper-Proofing Plaintext Document",(IJCSE), Vol. 2, Issue 5, Nov 2013, 1-10
Area of Interest:
Data structures, Operating System , Database ,JAVA
Ms. Nivedita Palia
Currently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Information Technology. She holds a degree of M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering) and B.E. (Computer Science & Engineering). She is UGC-NET (Computer Science and Application) and GATE (Computer Science & Engineering) qualified. She is pursuing her doctorate in Computer Science on “Speaker Recognition” from Sharda University. She has more than 7 years of experience in teaching and research. She attended a short term course on MATLAB at NITTTR, Chandigarh and FDP conducted by NIIT.
- Variation in pitch parameters of speech samples recorded through different devices in different languages for speaker identification – A comparative study
- Published in International symposium – Frontiers of Research on Speech and Music 2008
- Hindi Speech Corpora: A Review
- Published and Presented in International conference – Oriental COCOSDA which was held jointly with 2013 conference on Asian Spoken Language Research and Evaluation (O- COCOSDA/ CASLRE).
- Variation in pitch parameters of speech samples recorded through different devices in different languages for speaker identification – A comparative study
Ms. Shikha Shokeen
Shikha Shokeen is working as an assistant professor in Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies. She holds a Graduation degree Management from Institute of Information Technology & Management (GGSIPU) and completed her MBA from Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology in Finance & Marketing. She is NET qualified in Management.
Project work on Construction of Portfolio for Retail Investors by Analysing different Mutual Funds schemes
Achievements & Seminar Attented
- Certificate of Merit - Highest marks in University (GGSIPU) in Subject Management Practices & Organizational Behavior.
- Certificate of Participation in Entrepreneurship Orientation Programme(MSME)
- articipation in One Day National Seminar - Innovative Business Strategies.
- Participation in Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) partnership summit 2013 Agra on 'Global Partnerships for Enduring Growth'.
Area of Interest
Financial accounting, Management accounting, Mergers & Acquitions, Micro-Economics, Principles of Management & Organizational Behavior.
Ms. Preeti Rathee
Preeti Rathee is working as Assistant Professor in Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies. She holds a degree of B.Tech in Information Technology from MMU Mullana and completed her M.Tech from ITM University Gurgaon in Computer Science. She is GATE qualified in year 2012.
ECG Signal Processing under the guidance of Dr. Latika Singh (H.O.D computer science)
Signal Processing, Imafe Pricessing, Database
- Preeti Rathee, Pooja Sabharwal, Dr. Latika Singh, “Comparison of ECG Signal Classification Techniques” (IACC 2014) 4th IEEE International Advance Computing Conference
- Preeti Rathee, Pooja Sabharwal,Dr. Latika Singh,"ECG Signal Denoising using Wavelet Thresholding Method" (IJARCS) International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science, Volume 5, No. 1, Jan-Feb 2014
- Preeti Rathee, Pooja Sabharwal, Dr. Latika Singh, "Survey on Different ECG Signal Classification Techniques", 3rd. International Conference on Evolution in Science and Technology and Eyne on Educational Methodologies 2014.
- Preeti Rathee, Pooja Sabharwal, Dr.Latika Singh, "Compression and Clustering of ECG Signal" International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research (IJSER) , Volume 5, Issue 5, May 2014.
Area of Interest:
Theory of computation, Data structures, Operating System , Database
Dr. Meetu Bhatia Kapur
She completed her Doctorate in English Literature on Amitav Ghosh from Rajasthan University, Jaipur, Rajasthan. Her total teaching evolves almost 15 years of experience and a year experience with avitation industry (Jet Airways). Currently, has a student pursuing doctorate under her supervision . She has participated in various national and international conferences and seminars and has successfully conducted personality development workshops for the engineering students.
- "Identity crisis in the Novels of Amitav Ghosh" "The Transfiguration of Memory in The Shadow Lines", a novel by Amitav Ghosh, in the book titled 'Indian Writing in English-The Last Decade', Rawat Publications, Jaipur and New Delhi, 2002.
- Merging Technology with Language- Enhancement in Learning and Teaching Strategy. International Journal of English and Literature (IJEL). ISSN(P) 2249-6912; ISSN (E) 2249-8028.
- Traversing Across Cultures: A Comparative Study of Identity in the novels of Jhumpa Lahiri's The Lowland and Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni's One Amazing Thing. International Conference Proceedings: The Impact of Social Changes of English Language and Literature. ISBN: 978-81-924212-5-4
- Enslavement and Liberation: Chains to Change Journey in Anita Nair's Mistress and Lessons in Forgetting: Lingaya's International Refereed Journal of English Language and Literature: ISSN: 2348-1617
- Search for Self Identity and Liberation in Anita Nair's Ladies Coupe and Taslima Nasrin's The French Lover: Dynamics of Progression- A Critical Overview of Indian Women's Writing in English. ISBN: 978-83842-57-5
Ms. Neetu Goel
M.Phil, MCA, NET, B.Com
Ms. Rashmi Dhruv
M.Tech, B.Tech, NET
Ms. Kirti Sharma
Ms. Disha Verma
Ms. Mitanshi Rustagi
Ms. Ivy Jain
Ms. Neha Singh
Ms. Yogita Thareja
Ms. Shalini Bhartiya
Ms. Tanvi Jain
Ms. Chhaya Gupta
Ms. Dimple Chawla
Ms. Deepika Bhatia
Ms. Sandhya Sharma
M.A. B.A (Hons.