Prof. Dr. V.B. Coutinho
(Ph. D, LL.M)
Posts Held: Professor. and Head Department of Law Principal University Law College, Dean Faculty of Law, Bangalore University, additionally held the position of Controller of Examination and Registrar of Bangalore University. Appointed Vice-Chancellor of Gulbarga University.
Invited to be first Director of Legal Studies, Directorate of Legal Education in the Bar Council of India to advice and monitor legal education involving nearly 900 centres of Legal Education in India w.e.f January 4, 2010.
Was conferred the highest honour "Rajyotsava Award for Education-2008" by the Government of Karnataka for service rendered in the filed of education.
Dr. Rajni Malhotra Dhingra
(LL.M., JRF, NET, Ph.D)
She has an experience of teaching in Law for more than 9 years. She joined VIPS as an Assistant Professor in December 2003. Since then she has taught a wide range of subjects. In 2006 she became Associate Professor. She has done her LL.M from Guru Nanak Dev University (G.N.D.U), Amritsar. She has cleared her JRF/ NET in December 2000 and joined Department of Law, G.N.D.U as a Junior Research Fellow. She participated in the 33rd Study Session of International Institute of Human Rights, held at Strasbourg, France, after acquiring the partial scholarship from the IIHR.
While working as JRF/ SRF, she also taught in the Department of Laws, G.N.D.U. In 2003, she joined Regional Centre, G.N.D.U as an assistant Professor and worked there till December 2003. She has been awarded with the doctorate degree in February 2004. She has also done her refresher course from ILI (UGC Sponsored).
Her area of specialization is Human Rights, Property Law and Tax Law. She has presented various papers in National and International Seminars. She has also presided over the Seminar in Chandigarh. She has many published Articles to her Credit. Her book titled .NGOs and Protection of Human Rights. find place in various libraries including the library of the Parliament.
Area of specialisation: Human Rights
Convenor: Cultural committee
Member: Time Table committee
1. Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, NGOs and Protection of Human Rights, Deep and Deep Publications, Delhi, 2011
1. Dr. M.D. Singh and Rajni Malhotra, Importance of Human Rights Education, Vidyasthali Law Journal, 2003, Volume 1: 56-67.
2. Sustainable Development and Judiciary, Green Business, November 2009, Volume 1: 9-13. /
3. Rajni Malhotra Dhingra and Neeru Nakra, Female Foeticide and Infanticide: Jurisprudential and Legal Exegesis, National Capital Law Journal, 2011-12, Volume 14-15.
4. NGOs: Soldiers of Human Rights, in, Human Rights in 21st Century: Changing Dimensions, (eds.) Gurdip Singh & V.K.Ahuja, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi, 2012.
5. Changing Facets of PIL and Human Rights: Judicial Endeavour, in, Human Rights: Issues & Perspectives, (edt.) Dr. Jatinder Kaur, Unistar Books Pvt Ltd., Chandigarh, 2012.
Dr. Shilpa Khatri Babbar
(M.A.(Sociology), M.Phil, NET, Ph.D)
My prime objective as a lecturer has been to guide and facilitate the students in understanding the essentials of Sociology and linking it up with the day to day events of life, targeting the rejuvenation and renovation of the crumbling social structure. .Education can achieve its true and comprehensive essence only when approached from an interdisciplinary angle. is my conviction. This justifies my specialization in Medical Sociology.
My biggest strength has been my academic ability and my talent to convert a classroom lecture from a monologue into a well comprehensible and an interactive dialogue.
Being a patient listener, a critical thinker and critical analyzer of problems I have proved to be a successful counsellor and mediator. Sensitivity to diversity of race, class, gender and other ascribed statuses along with the ability to comprehend the thoughts of today.s youth has gone a long way in assisting this expertise.
I have graduated in Sociology Honours from Jesus and Mary College (JMC), Delhi University (DU) and was awarded the Geeta Chopra Award for outstanding merit.
I pursued Masters in Sociology at Delhi School of Economics (DSE), DU and received M.S.A. Rao Scholarship. I did my M.Phil from DSE, DU and scored the highest percentage in my research paper on .Tuberculosis: Illness, treatment and cure from a sociological perspective..
My doctorate was also an extension of my M.Phil research focussing on .Social Perceptions and Management of Tuberculosis in Delhi . A Sociological Study.. I did my PhD under the eminent guidance of Late Prof. Aneeta A. Minocha and after her demise continued under Prof. Tulsi Patel.
I cleared my NET (UGC) and also received Junior Research Fellowship.
I have been teaching since 1999 starting from Janaki Devi Memorial College, DU and then at JMC, DU. I joined Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (Affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University), Delhi in 2004 and have been an integral part of it since then. Currently my designated status is that of an Associate Professor.
Present Non-Teaching Responsibilities at VIPS:
- Dean, Students' Welfare, VIPS
- Member, Academic Council, VIPS
- Chairperson, Anti-Ragging Committee, VIPS
- Chairperson, Students' Grievance Redressal Committee, VIPS
- Vice-chairperson, Centre for Intellectual Activities, VIPS
- Member, Cultural Committee, VIPS
- Member, Committee for the approval of publicity material (including brochures and advertisements in print or electronic media), VIPS
- Member, VIPS Committee to submit Institutional Eligibility for Quality Assessment, as per the standards laid by NAAC, VIPS
- Teacher-in-charge, VIPS MUN Soc, VIPS
- Member, Research Committee, VLS
- Member, Subject Allocation Committee, VLS
- Member, Social Sciences Colloquium, VLS
- Teacher-co-ordinator, Vivekananda Law School Clubs
- Member, World Lung Foundation . South Asia.
- Lifelong Member, Indian Sociological Society.
- Member, Delhi State Legal Services Authority.
- Article on, 'Women: An object of socio-legal grafting., in Vivekananda Research Journal, January 2013.
- Paper on, 'Tuberculosis: Myriad of Perceptions. in .Health, Illness and Medicine., Orient Blackswan Publications, 2010.
I maintain a blog, "We can make the difference", wherein socially relevant issues are addressed, shared and commented upon.
In this age of social networking, I also have created a dedicated Face book page for my students giving them suggestions and advices, thereby filling up, the often felt voids in their lives.
Dr. Rashmi Salpekar
(Ph.D, LL.M, MHRDE, MA(Sociology))
Dr. Rashmi Salpekar is Ph.D. in International Law from Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj University (formerly Nagpur University), Nagpur, Maharashtra. She has nearly nine years of experience including Research officer in Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission, Mumbai. She also has received degrees LLM in Law, Master of Human Rights and Duties (MHRDE) and M.A. in Sociology from Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj University, Nagpur. She has specialisation in Public International Law, International Criminal Law, International Humanitarian Law, International Trade and Commercial Law, and Human Rights. She has been speaker in various conferences, seminars and symposiums with latest one being 14th International Symposium of Victimology at The Hague, The Netherlands in May 2012. She published 15 papers in various Journals, conference proceedings of national and international repute with one paper being included in an edited book also. Apart from this, she is carrying out Research Project for which Grant received from Indian Council of Social Science and Research (ICSSR), New Delhi. She also received scholarship for doctoral thesis from ICSSR, New Delhi. She is currently co-guiding Ph.D. Student and also guiding LLM and LLB students in their dissertations.
Secretary:Centre of Intellectual Activities, VIPS
Dr. Seema Surendran
(Ph.D, LLM, MBA)
She posses about twelve years teaching experience has worked with post graduation Department of Amity Law School, engaged in the teaching of LLM students, has worked with KLE Society.s Law College and as Principal at Sri Kengal Hanumanthaiah Law College, Karnataka. Has completed her Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the area of International Environmental Law. Has worked as member of Departmental Research Committee, Student Research at Committee, Board of Studies and Member Moderation Board at Amity University Law Domain.Worked as Chairperson of College Magazine Committee KLE Society.s Law College 2003-04 and was Faculty Coordinator for .Mentor,. Carrier Guidance Cell KLE Society.s Law College 2003-07.She has Supervised Dissertation Topics for LLM Students, has published about 9 articles, attended a number of seminars and conferences and presented papers. Her areas of expertise are International Environmental Law, Public International Law, Legal Research and Methodology, International Economic Law.
List of publications:
1. The Legal Regime for the Protection of the Marine Environment: Issues and perspectives, (awaiting publication with) Indian Bar Review, 2012.
2. Land based Marine Pollution and Destruction of Biodiversity in South Asian Seas Region, (awaiting publication with) Bangalore Law Journal, 2012.
3. Within the Spectrum of Right to Health: An analysis of the Rights of the mentally ill, Journal of the Institute of Human Rights, 2009, Volume XII.
4. Emancipation of Women, Annual Souvenir, Sri Kengal Hanumanthaiah law College, Golden Valley Education Trust, 2009.
5. Battered within the Four Walls-Domestic Violence and law, Chiguru Annual Souvenir, KLE Law College, Bangalore, 2006.
6. Corruption a global phenomenon, Chiguru Annual Souvenir, KLE Society.s Law College, Bangalore, 2005.
7. War time crimes against women, Chiguru Annual Souvenir, KLE Society.s Law College, Bangalore, 2004.
Mr. Shyam Krishan Kaushik
(LL.M., JRF, NET)
Shri S K Kaushik is working as an Associate Professor of Law since August 2004. He has authored three books, besides having published four research articles which has appeared in the Journal of Indian Law Institute, Bangalore Law Journal and the Supreme Court Cases. He teaches Jurisprudence and Family Laws. He is a Member of the School Research Committee.
Convenor: Research Committee
1. The Other Woman in Classical Hindu Law, Bangalore Law Journal, 2012,Volume 4: 2.
2. A Relation in the Nature of Marriage . Hope and Disappointment, Journal of Indian Law Institute, July-September, 2011, Volume 53:474-490.
3. Sonic Surgical v. National Insurance Co. Ltd. . A case of unnecessary surgery and amputation, 2011,Supreme Court Cases, Volume 6: J 71-80.
4. Of Sovereignty . A Fresh look, Journal of Indian Law Institute, January-March, 2010, Volume 52: 60-79.
1. Sale of Goods, Lexis Nexis Butterworths, New Delhi, 2003.
2. Justice Markandey Katju and S. K. Kaushik, Bindra.s Interpretation of Statutes, Lexis Nexis Butterworths, 2002.
3. Poonam Saxena and S.K. Kaushik, Trust and Charities, Lexis Nexis Butterworths, New Delhi, 2000.
4. He has authored three books, besides having published four research articles which has appeared in the Journal of Indian Law Institute, Bangalore Law Journal and the Supreme Court Cases.
Ms. Neeru Nakra
She has a long experience of teaching law for almost fifteen years now. She has been a student of Delhi University throughout and has taught at the Law Centre I and Campus Law Centre (Faculty of Law, Delhi University) for almost eight years. Then her journey of disseminating knowledge started at Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (GGSIPU) in January, 2006 and here she has completed almost seven years. She has taught as guest lecturer at Law Centre II (DU) and the LL.M. (Weekend Course, GGSIPU). She has taught a wide range of subjects.She is working on her doctoral thesis in the area of trademarks.She has also done her refresher.s course from Indian Law Institute (UGC sponsored).
Convenor: Time Table committee
Areas of secialisation
Intellectual Property Rights and Family Law.
1. Neeru Nakra and Gitanjali Nain, Rule of Law: Constitutional and Judicial Exegesis, Lawman.s Apex Decisions Referencer (Journal Section), March, 1998.
2. Medical Negligence under Consumer Protection Act: Judicial Endeavour, XXIV Delhi Law Review, 2002.
3. Contributed a Chapter on .Trade Marks Law. for the study material prepared for the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) under Domestic Trade Law, 2004.
4. Human Rights and Intellectual Property Rights, in, Human Rights in 21st Century: Changing Dimensions, (eds.) Gurdip Singh & V.K.Ahuja, 2012, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi.
. Human Rights and Status of Women: International and National Concern, in, Human Rights: Issues & Perspectives, (edt.) Dr. Jatinder Kaur, 2012, Unistar Books Pvt Ltd., Chandigarh.
6. Neeru Nakra and Dr. Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, Female Foeticide and Infanticide: Jurisprudential and Legal Exegesis, XIV-XV National Capital Law Journal, 2011-12.
7. She has participated in various National and International Seminars and Conferences and presented papers also. She has to her credit articles published in various Journals
Dr. Vijay Pratap Tiwari
(PhD, LLM, NET, PG Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication, M.A. (Hindi))
Having proudly served the Indian Air Force for about 16 years, came to join academic field and have served at Faculty of Law National Law University, Jodhpur and as the Principal of Integrated School of Law, Ghaziabad besides some other institutions of repute. Currently extremely happy to serve in the Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies as Associate Professor of Law; Dr Vijay Pratap Tiwari has obtained his Doctoral Degree in the area of ‘Medical Negligence and Consumer Protection’ from NLU, Jodhpur. A graduate of University of Delhi, Dr Tiwari has done LL M in ‘Constitutional Law and Human Rights’ from Nagpur University and his area of teaching/research interest are Public Law, Law of Torts, Consumer Protection and Family Law. Dr Tiwari has attended over a dozen of National and International Seminars, Conferences and Workshops; has published around 10 research articles and has delivered a number of lectures as a resource person at various places including Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi. Dr Tiwari has been actively involved in organising several Seminars, Workshops and Legal Literacy/Legal Aid Camps. He is also associated as examiner with several prestigious bodies and is life member of various academic institutions. During his student life, Dr Tiwari had been a vivid debater and has stood first in several competitions; was adjudged as ‘Best in Trade’ and ‘Best all Rounder’ by Indian Air Force and was one of the toppers at LL B and LL M examinations.
Dr. Namrata Arora
Dean, Students Welfare (Ph.D, NET, MA (History), B.Ed)
Dr. Namrata Arora , an alumni of Sophia College , Ajmer is working as an Asst Prof. at VIPS since Aug , 2010. She teaches Legal History and European History to students of Law stream.
The topic of her thesis for doctorate covers 'the cottage industry of Rajasthan-A Socio Economic study during the 18 th century.'She has worked as an Editor with Frank Brothers and Publishers for one year.She has been member of the committee of 'Directorate of Legal Education',Bar Council Of India for introduction of Law group in CBSE +2 syllabus.
Centre of Intellectual Activities, VIPS
She was the convenor of the CIA at VIPS and is presently the Secretary of the same.She has also been member of the examination committee.She has attended and participated in many national and international seminars.
Area of specialisation: Medieval Indian History
(LL.M.,LL.B, NET, Ph.D.)
She has 6 years of teaching experience. She has also worked as Guest Faculty in Gurgaon and Hisar.
Area of specialisation
Her area of specialization is Commercial Law. It includes Law of Contract, Business Laws and Corporate Law
She has been awarded Ph.D by MDU, Rohtak, on the topic .Law on Revival of Sick Industrial Companies: Problems, Policies and Prospectives..
Dr. Ritu Gupta
Ph.D, NET, LL.M, Diploma in IPR
A Ph.D holder and NET certified . Law Professional with over 7 years of teaching and administrative experience in various institutes on diverse topics like Patent Laws, Law of Torts, Consumer Protection Law, Criminal Law & Investment and Competition Laws. Diploma in IPR from Indian law Institute.
Posses. knowledge about the internal administrative tasks that are performed within institution. Demonstrated communication and relationship management skills with the ability to lead and work in cross-functional teams in a cross-cultural environment.
Participated in the national seminar on .Empowerment of Minority Girls through Education., Pune.2008. Participated in the state level seminar on .Evolving Trends in Teaching Pedagogy. Pune.2008.
Publication in Criminal Law journal.
Area of specialisation: Protection of biodiversity and patent laws in India
Member: Admission/Counselling Committee
Member: Board of Studies, GGSIPU
List of publications:
1. Euthanasia : An Overview of Juggling of Terms in Aruna Shanbaug's Case, AIR Criminal Law Journal, July 2012.
(Ph.D, NET, JRF, LL.M. )
Area of specialisation: Victimology
List of publications:
Dr. Sunaina, Victimology and Compensation to Victims of Crime, Arun Publications, vide ISBN: 978-81-8048-202-1, 2012.
1. Understanding human rights through the prism of compensation to the victims of crime, Indian Journal of Law and Justice, March 2010, Department of Laws, North Bengal University, Darjeeling, West Bengal [ISSN Number- 0976:3570].
2. An analysis of compensation to the victims of crime, Criminal Law Journal, March 2010.
Mr. J. Ravindran
Shri J Ravindran is working as an Assistant Professor of Law since January 2004. He teaches Constitutional Law, Law of Evidence and Election Law. He is a Member of the Anti-Ragging Committee and the Examination Committee.
Nodal Officer, VIPS: World Lung Foundation
Member:Moot Court Committee
Ms. Deepti Kohli
Convenor:Moot Court Committee
I did my Honors in Political Science from Delhi University in the year 2000. I completed my LL.B and LL.M from Faculty of Law, University of Delhi in 2003 and 2006. Before Joining Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, I was practicing as an advocate at civil and criminal courts in all District Courts and High Court from 2003-06. My area of interest includes Cyber Law, Copyright Law, Law of Evidence and Criminal Procedure Code. I have attended conferences and workshops at Delhi University and Indian Law Institute. I have always been an active member for moot court society. I have taken mock trials for 1st year students and presently convening VIPS MOOT, a society for moot courts and mock trials.
Ms. Shivani Singh
(LL.M., NET, Pursuing PH.D (Submitted the thesis))
International trade law
Publications / Workshop / Seminar, etc
*Research paper on "Legal Rights of Women in India"
*Research Advisor in a Project on "National Commission for Women" on "Causes of increase in the incidents of Rape in State of Haryana"
Immoral Trafficking (Prevention) Amendment Bill, 2006: A hope or Despair (cited as (2011)108 SCL 85)
Prostitution: A Victimless Crime or a Crime that Victimises Endlessly (cited as 181 (2011) DLT 35)
Ms. Monika Srivastava
Ms. Sushila Sharma
Presented a paper " Role of Right To Information in women empowerment " in National seminar on " RIGHT TO INFORMATION : FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE " held by BPSM Girls Degree college, Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidalya , Khanpur kalan, Sonepat in 2011
Member: Moot Court Society
Member: Cultural Committee
Ms. Tushita Gaur
Ms. Deepali Vashisht
For my professional growth I am pursuing Ph.D from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi on .Protection and Advancement of Rights of Farmers. under Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Rights Act, 2001: A Critical Study.. I passed National Entrance Test (NET) in 2010.
I have done LL.M in Intellectual Property Rights from the same above mentioned university in 2009.During my master I research on various topics like Protection of software in Copyright v. Patent, Geographical Indication under TRIPS and Intellectual Property Rights and Agro biodiversity. I have done online certificate course in Intellectual property rights from Indian Law Institute. I have done LL.B in 2007 from Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
Ms. Leena Moudgil
(NET, LL.M, Diploma in IPR)
She has done LL.B. from Delhi University in 2002 and LL.M. from Kurukshetra University with specialization in commercial laws in 2005. She has cleared UGC- NET in 2006. She is pursuing her Ph.D. from Kurukshetra University.
She has done short term course in Intellectual Property Rights from Indian Law Institute, Delhi. She has presented papers in national and international conferences.
She has taught various subjects Law of Contract, Business Law, Property Law, Administrative Law, Legal Method and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Ms. Nipun Gupta Jain
Worked as Law Researcher at Delhi Judicial Academy.
Paper presentation on topics such as Refugees Status In India, Cyber Terrorism, Cyber Piracy, Traditional Knowledge And Copyright, Religion Vis . a- Vis Public Order, Health And Morality, Copyright on Judgment: A sweat of The Brow or The Modicum of Creativity, Enter Net- A Gateway for Terrorism or a Way to End it.
. Refugees Status in India . An Analysis., published in A38 Journal of International Law.
.Relationship Between Traditional Knowledge and Public Domain Under Copyright Law. Published in Legal News and Views, Vol 26 No 10.
Rappoteur for The .International Seminar on Global Environment & Disaster Management: Law & Society. held on 22-24 July 2011 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
Participated as a delegate in the Fortieth Annual Conference of ISIL, held on 16-17 April 2011 at New Delhi.
Ms. Goma D. Gupta
(NET, LL.M, LL.M. (U.K.))
She is a law graduate from Amity Law School (affiliated to GGSIPU). She pursued Masters in Law from Durham University, U.K. in International Trade and Commercial Laws in the year 2007.
She completed a second LL.M. in the year 2012
She also undertook a certificate course in .Intellectual Property Rights & Information Technology in the Internet Age. from Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
She practiced in the District Courts and High Court of Delhi from 2008 to 2012. She has been an empanelled advocate of DSIIDC and DDA.
She qualified UGC-NET exam in the year 2011.
Areas of Specialisation
.An Appraisal of the Institutional Arrangements in India for Anti-Dumping Actions..
International Trade Law and Family Law.
Dr. Rashmi Gopi
M.Phil (Political Science), M.A(Political Science), NET, NET-JRF, NET-SRF, B.Ed, PhD
Rashmi Gopi specializes in Political Theory and Theories in International Relations. She is currently pursuing Ph.D from Department of Political Science, University of Delhi. Her research topic is .Constructions of Masculinity in contemporary Kerala: A study of three Political Spheres.. She has contributed a research paper titled .The Arab-Israeli Conflict and the UN. in the edited book .United Nations and the Global Politics. by Chanchal Kumar and Sanju Gupta (2013), New Delhi: Regal Publications (ISBN 978-81-8484-230-2). She has also written lesson booklets for School of Open Learning, University of Delhi in International Relations (2006-2007). She had UGC-NET-JRF-SRF fellowship from 2008 to 2012.
Area of specialisation: International Law
List of Publications:
Lesson booklets for School of Open Learning, International Relations, University of Delhi.
Global politics and the UN: Arab-Israeli Conflict, Regal Publications, 2012.
Ms. Garima Singh
(M.Phil, M.A. (Political Science), NET)
Have pursued political science honors (BA. (h)) from Delhi University (Daulat Ram College), did post graduation (M.A) in political science from Delhi University, and pursued M.phil from Delhi University with specialization in Dalit and caste politics in India
Currently, pursuing PhD from Delhi University (since 2011) on Gender discourse.
research work on Theories on Social Exclusion . Special Reference on Caste and Gender. Done certificate and advance certificate course on .women and society. from Women Studies and Development Centre, Delhi University.
Areas Of Specialisation
Political theory, international relations, public administration, social exclusion, caste and dalits politics, gender and society, discourse on language.
Ms. Vandana Sharma
Ms. Priya Sepaha
(M.A., LL.M., M.Phil)
Publications / Workshop / Seminar, etc
*Course Packs - Merchantile Law, Social Communication (Rai Foundation)
Mr. Nishant Aggarwal
(IIFT, DL, DELF)
An IIFT alumnus, with B.Com. from the University of Delhi and DELF, DL in French Mr Nishant Agrawal is an Asstt Professor with us.
His experience of 17 years in Education and Training, follows 16 years of Industry experience in International Business, comprising extensive travel and stay in Europe for 3 years.
A boy scout, NCC cadet, and a sportsman throughout, he represented the Cricket champions’ team at the Delhi University.
Besides Education and Training, his interests extend to social welfare, pragmatic spirituality and philosophy. He is a member at various professional, social, cultural and spiritual organizations, and has attended global events like International Congress on "Teachers for Peace" in Paris.
Ms. Nidhi Mutreja
Ms. Sandhya Kumari
(LLM, NET, PGD IPRs Law)
My career objective is to excel in the field of research and academics and pursue study of socio-legal issues till the twilight of my life. VIPS has provided me with an optimum work environment and opportunity enabling me to contribute to the growth of the institution and inclusive development of the society, especially the students. I believe in disseminating legal education equally among my students as well as the marginalized society. Academics and socio-legal research areas interest me prompting me to make paper presentations at various platforms.
I teach Labour Law, Legal Method, Law and Poverty Development and Contract Law at VLS, VIPS. I am also a member of Legal Aid Committee and have assisted in organizing various programmes, like inaugural of our Legal Aid Clinic, where learned Justice Pradeep Nandarajog had inaugurated it. I also assisted in the holding of International Moot Court Competition at VIPS in October, 2013. Now on 19th and 20th we are holding a National Conference on Family Structure, Social Change and Law. At VIPS, we work as a family and strive towards to deliver the best.
I am a Research Fellow with Faculty of Law, Delhi University, Delhi since more than two years. The topic of my study is “Migration and Human Trafficking in Children for Labour Purposes: A Case Study of Jharkhand” wherein I am being guided by our esteemed Professor S. C. Raina from Faculty of Law, Delhi University, Delhi. I have pursued my Bachelor and Master of Laws degree from Law Faculty, Delhi University. I have also done Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights Law from Indian law Institute, Delhi.
Further, I have worked as a Project Research Associate on gender and child rights issues for one and half years acquiring experience of working on projects, organizing seminars, dealing with stakeholders and statisticians amongst others. I have worked on various research projects including an NCW Project on “Amendments to Laws to deal with issues in NRI marriages”; “Laws relating to Son Preference” supported by UNFPA, India; an empirical research project supported by IDRC, Canada “Economic Rights and Entitlement on Separation and Divorce including Right to Spousal and Child Support and Right to Marital property”. I have also worked as a Consultant to Terminal Evaluation Project of UNDP on “Access to Justice for Marginalised People” with Ernst & Young Private Limited, India.
I have written papers on gender rights, child rights and environmental laws and have also assisted Advocate Kirti Singh in writing a book on “Separated and Divorced Women in India: Economic Rights and Entitlements” published by Sage Publications, India. Furthermore, I have attended seminars, conferences and workshop of national level and have presented papers as well.
I qualified UGC National Eligibility Test in the exam held on 24 December, 2011.
I am life time member of Indian Society of Criminology.
Ms. Vidhi Madaan Chadda
(B.Com (H), ACS, LL.M, NET)
Ms. Vidhi Madaan Chadda has done her B.Com. (Hons.) from Shri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Delhi University. She holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B.) from Campus Law Centre, Delhi University and a Masters of Laws Degree (LL.M.) from USLLS, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Dwarka. She is a qualified Company Secretary and an Associate Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India since 2009. She has acquired UGC – NET in July 2012 and was a Guest faculty at the NIRC of the ICSI as well as a Corporate trainer at ICSI before joining VIPS Law School as Asst. Professor Law.
Before coming into teaching she has practiced as a Company Secretary (Governance Professional) for over three years and conducted numerous secretarial audits and due diligence projects.
"Working of the Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act vis-à-vis Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 and Employees’ Provident Fund & Misc. Provisions Act, 1952”, article published in Taxmann’s SEBI Corporate Laws, (2012) 21 Tavmann 332.
AREA OF SPECIALISATION
Corporate Laws & Taxation
Ms. Ritu Kaushik
Ms. Pooja Malik
LLM, LLB, B.Com(H), NET
Pooja Malik is working with VIPS Law School since August 2013. She has cleared UGC NET in June 2012 and done her LL.M in Corporate Laws. She is an alumna of prestigious institutions like Campus Law Centre, Delhi University; Shri Ram College of Commerce and D.P.S. R. K. Puram. Further, she is pursuing her Ph.D on the topic "Cyber Crime: A legal challenge".
- "Cyber Stalking: A Nightmare"; Asian Resonance Vol.-II Issue-I January 2013 (ISSN No. 0976-8602)
- "Phishing: An Internet Age Crime"; Mewar Journal of Law Vol. 1 & 2 Year 2012 (ISSN No. 0973-8800)
- LECTURES SEMINARS & TALKS
- Presented Paper on "Impact of Information Technology on Business" in International Conference on Managing Change in Business & Economy held in FMS, Pacific Academy of Higher Education & Research University, Udaipur on 6-7 April 2013
- Officiated as Rapporteur in the international conference on "INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW & LEGAL ASPECTS OF TRANS-BORDER INVESTMENT" held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi from 19th to 20th September 2009 organized by International Law Association
- Participated in the international conference on "ACCESS TO JUSTICE: LAW, POLICY AND INSTITUTION" held at ICC, New Delhi from 11th to 13th August 2006 in collaboration of Legal Education and Research Society (LEARS); Yale Law School, USA and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Sports Committee
- Moot Court Society
Ms. Akanksha Narayan Singh
PhD, M.Phil, M.A. (History), B.A.(Hons.), NET
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D from University of Delhi (due to be submitted in January, 2014).
- UGC-NET in History.
- M. Phil from University of Delhi
- University Teaching Assistant under UTA Scholarship Programme (for 4 years), University of Delhi
- M.A. (History) from Hindu College, University of Delhi.
- B.A. Honours (History) from Lady Sri Ram College, University of Delhi.
- December, 2013- Presented Paper at Indian History Congress 74thSession in Cuttack (Odisha).
- December, 2012- Presented Paper at Indian History Congress 73rdSession in Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- March, 2012- Presented paper and actively participated in International Labour Summer School and Workshop.
- October, 2011- Presented paper and rapporteured at International Labour Conference at V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, NOIDA.
- Study Seminar on ‘Gender and Society’ from Nov 2005 to January 2006, conducted by Women’s Studies and Development Centre, University of Delhi.
AREA OF SPECIALISATION:
Have specialised in Modern Indian HIstory with special focus on 'Labour History'. Research pertains to the study of labour relations in social and legal context over the span of two hundred years from c. 1800. The study also covers an analysis of different forms of servitude in domestic as well as agricultural spheres.
Ms. Navjeet Sidhu Kundal
B.A., LLB, LLM (Commercial Laws), NET, Pursuing PhD. (since 2011).
She did her Bachelor of Arts from Panjab University, Chandigarh. A NCC-C certificate holder, she is credited with awards in creative writing at College & Zonal(Inter-College) level. She went on to do her Bachelor & Master of Laws from Department of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh. Wrote a paper on “Corporate Governance & the Role of Directors” as part of dissertation for LLM. Currently pursuing Ph.D. in Law from Panjab University, Chandigarh (since 2011).
Ms. Nishat Ahtesham
Ms. Nishat Ahtesham is working as an Asst. Professor in the Dept. of Law at VIPS. She has been engaging classes for BA LLB (H), BBA LLB (H) and also BCA. She has done MBA (Finance and Human Resource Management) from Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies in first division with distinction in the year 2013. She qualified for UGC NET (session: Dec 2012) and JRF (session: Jun 2013). Besides holding an excellent academic record, she has been actively involved in attending National and International conferences, seminars and workshops. She has presented research paper in ‘National Conference on Indian Business and Managers’ organised at Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies. She is also a member of Group Discussion Committee at VIPS.
Ms. Mansi Gandhi
M.A. Sociology, NET
Ms. Divya Murali