Prof. Dr. V.B. Coutinho
(Ph. D, LL.M)
Posts Held: Professor. and Head Department of Law Principal University Law College, Dean Faculty of Law, Bangalore University, additionally held the position of Controller of Examination and Registrar of Bangalore University. Appointed Vice-Chancellor of Gulbarga University.
Invited to be first Director of Legal Studies, Directorate of Legal Education in the Bar Council of India to advice and monitor legal education involving nearly 900 centres of Legal Education in India w.e.f January 4, 2010.
Was conferred the highest honour "Rajyotsava Award for Education-2008" by the Government of Karnataka for service rendered in the filed of education.
Prof. Marian Pinheiro
(Ph. D, LL.M)
Dr. Rashmi Salpekar
(Ph.D, LL.M, MHRDE, MA(Sociology))
Dr. Rashmi Salpekar is Ph.D. in International Law from Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj University (formerly Nagpur University), Nagpur, Maharashtra. She has nearly nine years of experience including Research officer in Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission, Mumbai. She also has received degrees LLM in Law, Master of Human Rights and Duties (MHRDE) and M.A. in Sociology from Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj University, Nagpur. She has specialisation in Public International Law, International Criminal Law, International Humanitarian Law, International Trade and Commercial Law, and Human Rights. She has been speaker in various conferences, seminars and symposiums with latest one being 14th International Symposium of Victimology at The Hague, The Netherlands in May 2012. She published 15 papers in various Journals, conference proceedings of national and international repute with one paper being included in an edited book also. Apart from this, she is carrying out Research Project for which Grant received from Indian Council of Social Science and Research (ICSSR), New Delhi. She also received scholarship for doctoral thesis from ICSSR, New Delhi. She is currently co-guiding Ph.D. Student and also guiding LLM and LLB students in their dissertations.
Secretary:Centre of Intellectual Activities, VIPS
Prof. Dr. Rajni Malhotra Dhingra
(Ph.D, LL.M, J.R.F, NET)
She has an experience of teaching in Law for more than 11 years. She joined VIPS as an Assistant Professor in December 2003. Since then she has taught a wide range of subjects. In 2006 she became Associate Professor. She has done her LL.M from Guru Nanak Dev University (G.N.D.U), Amritsar. She has cleared her JRF/ NET in December 2000 and joined Department of Law, G.N.D.U as a Junior Research Fellow. She participated in the 33rd Study Session of International Institute of Human Rights, held at Strasbourg, France, after acquiring the partial scholarship from the IIHR.
While working as JRF/ SRF, she also taught in the Department of Laws, G.N.D.U. In 2003, she joined Regional Centre, G.N.D.U as an assistant Professor and worked there till December 2003. She has been awarded with the doctorate degree in February 2004. She has also done her refresher course from ILI (UGC Sponsored).
Her area of specialization is Human Rights, Property Law and Tax Law. She has presented various papers in National and International Seminars. She has also presided over the Seminar in Chandigarh. She has many published Articles to her Credit. Her book titled .NGOs and Protection of Human Rights. find place in various libraries including the library of the Parliament.
Area of specialisation: Human Rights
- Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, "NGOs and Protection of Human Rights", New Delhi, Deep and Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd, 2011, 978-81-8450-313-5
- 1. Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, "Demystifying Indian Constitution and the actual Status of Women", Vivekananda Journal of Research, January-June 2014, pp.36-47, ISSN No. 2319-8702.
- Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, "‘Panchtatva’ Sustainability in Socio-Economic Development", Journal of Politics and Governance, Vol.2 (1/2), June 2013, pp. 88-93, ISSN. 2278-473X.
- Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, "Sustainable Development in the Indian Context: The Role of Law Examined", Vivekananda Journal of Research, July-December 2013, pp.100-111, ISSN No. 2319-8702.
- Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, "Judicial Activism; A Road to Justice", The Bangalore Law Journal, Vol.4 (3), January 2013, pp. 374-385, ISSN. 0973-3280.
- Rajni Malhotra Dhingra "Changing Facets of PIL and Human Rights: Judicial Endeavour", Human Rights Issues and Perspectives (ed.), Unistar Books Pvt.Ltd., 2012, pp. 148- 154, ISBN: 978-93-81832-96-7.
- Rajni Malhotra Dhingra and Neeru Nakra, "Female Foeticide and Infanticide: Jurisprudential and Legal Exegesis", National Capital Law Journal, Vol. 14-15, 2011-2012, pp.44-61.
- Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, "NGOs Soldiers of Human Rights", Human Rights in the 21st Century: Changing Dimensions (ed.), Universal Law Publishing Co., 2012, pp. 560-570, ISBN: 978-93-5035-166-6.
- Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, "Sustainable Development and Judiciary", Green Business, Vol. 1(5), November 2009, pp. 9-13.
- DR. M.D. Singh and Rajni Malhotra, "Importance of Human Rights Education" Vidyasthali Law Journal, Vol. 1, 2003, pp. 56-67, ISSN No. 0975-4210.
Dr. Neeru Nakra
(Ph. D, LL.M, NET)
She has a long experience of teaching law for almost 17 years now. She has been a student of Delhi University throughout and has taught at the Law Centre I and Campus Law Centre (Faculty of Law, Delhi University) for almost eight years. Then her journey of disseminating knowledge started at Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (GGSIPU) in January, 2006 and here she has completed almost seven years. She has taught as guest lecturer at Law Centre II (DU) and the LL.M. (Weekend Course, GGSIPU). She has taught a wide range of subjects.She is working on her doctoral thesis in the area of trademarks.She has also done her refresher.s course from Indian Law Institute (UGC sponsored).
Convenor: Time Table committee
Areas of secialisation
Intellectual Property Rights and Family Law.
1. Neeru Nakra and Gitanjali Nain, Rule of Law: Constitutional and Judicial Exegesis, Lawman.s Apex Decisions Referencer (Journal Section), March, 1998.
2. Medical Negligence under Consumer Protection Act: Judicial Endeavour, XXIV Delhi Law Review, 2002.
3. Contributed a Chapter on .Trade Marks Law. for the study material prepared for the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) under Domestic Trade Law, 2004.
4. Human Rights and Intellectual Property Rights, in, Human Rights in 21st Century: Changing Dimensions, (eds.) Gurdip Singh & V.K.Ahuja, 2012, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi.
. Human Rights and Status of Women: International and National Concern, in, Human Rights: Issues & Perspectives, (edt.) Dr. Jatinder Kaur, 2012, Unistar Books Pvt Ltd., Chandigarh.
6. Neeru Nakra and Dr. Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, Female Foeticide and Infanticide: Jurisprudential and Legal Exegesis, XIV-XV National Capital Law Journal, 2011-12.
7. She has participated in various National and International Seminars and Conferences and presented papers also. She has to her credit articles published in various Journals
Dr. Shilpa Khatri Babbar
Professor & Dean- External Relations & Protocol
Graduated in Sociology Honours from Jesus and Mary College (JMC), Delhi University (DU) and was awarded the Geeta Chopra Award for outstanding merit.
Pursued Masters in Sociology at Delhi School of Economics (DSE), DU and received M.S.A. Rao Scholarship. She did her M.Phil from DSE, DU and scored the highest percentage in the research paper on .Tuberculosis: Illness, treatment and cure from a sociological perspective.
Her doctorate was an extension of her M.Phil research focusing on .Social Perceptions and Management of Tuberculosis in Delhi. A Sociological Study. She did her PhD under the eminent guidance of Late Prof. Aneeta A. Minocha and after her demise continued under Prof. Tulsi Patel at Delhi School of Economics..
She has cleared NET (UGC) and also received Junior Research Fellowship.
She has been teaching since 1999 starting from Janaki Devi Memorial College, DU and then at JMC, DU. She joined Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (Affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University), Delhi in 2004 and has been an integral part of it since then. Currently her designated status is that of a Professor.
Current Non-Teaching Responsibilities at VIPS:
- Director, Students’ Welfare, P.R. and Protocol of VIPS
- Convener, VIPSMUNSoc
- Member, Inter-Disciplinary Research Colloquium
- Member, Editorial Board, Vivekananda Journal Of Research
- Member, Mal-Practice Enquiry Committee
- Member, Academic Council
- Member, Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Visitor’s nominee in the Board of Management, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow (A Central University)
- Member, World Lung Foundation. South Asia.
- Lifelong Member, Indian Sociological Society.
- Member, Delhi State Legal Services Authority.
- A paper on ‘Child Welfare: A critical analysis of some of the socio-legal legislations in India', in International Organization of Scientific Research Journal in Humanities and Social Science, Volume 19, Issue 8, Ver. 2, August 2014
- A paper on ‘The Sociological Dimension of Tuberculosis: A case study', in International Organization of Scientific Research Journal in Humanities and Social Science, Volume 19, Issue 5, Ver. V, May 2014
- An article on ‘The Sociological Significance of Labour Day', in a Newsletter published by Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, May 2014
- A paper on ‘Indian Politics: A New Threshold', in International Organization of Scientific Research Journal in Humanities and Social Science, Volume 19, Issue 3, April 2014
- A paper on ‘Women: An object of socio-legal grafting', in Vivekananda Research Journal, January 2013
- A paper on ‘Tuberculosis: Myriad of Perceptions’ under Orient Blackswan Publications in “Health, Illness and Medicine”, 2010
Dr. Vijay Pratap Tiwari
(PhD, LLM, NET, PG Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication, M.A. (Hindi))
Having proudly served the Indian Air Force for about 16 years, came to join academic field and have served at Faculty of Law National Law University, Jodhpur and as the Principal of Integrated School of Law, Ghaziabad besides some other institutions of repute. Currently extremely happy to serve in the Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies as Associate Professor of Law; Dr Vijay Pratap Tiwari has obtained his Doctoral Degree in the area of ‘Medical Negligence and Consumer Protection’ from NLU, Jodhpur. A graduate of University of Delhi, Dr Tiwari has done LL M in ‘Constitutional Law and Human Rights’ from Nagpur University and his area of teaching/research interest are Public Law, Law of Torts, Consumer Protection and Family Law. Dr Tiwari has attended over a dozen of National and International Seminars, Conferences and Workshops; has published around 10 research articles and has delivered a number of lectures as a resource person at various places including Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi. Dr Tiwari has been actively involved in organising several Seminars, Workshops and Legal Literacy/Legal Aid Camps. He is also associated as examiner with several prestigious bodies and is life member of various academic institutions. During his student life, Dr Tiwari had been a vivid debater and has stood first in several competitions; was adjudged as ‘Best in Trade’ and ‘Best all Rounder’ by Indian Air Force and was one of the toppers at LL B and LL M examinations.
Dr. Namrata Arora
(Ph.D, NET, MA (History), B.Ed)
Dr. Namrata Arora , an alumni of Sophia College , Ajmer is working as an Asst Prof. at VIPS since Aug , 2010. She teaches Legal History and European History to students of Law stream.
The topic of her thesis for doctorate covers 'the cottage industry of Rajasthan-A Socio Economic study during the 18 th century.'She has worked as an Editor with Frank Brothers and Publishers for one year.She has been member of the committee of 'Directorate of Legal Education',Bar Council Of India for introduction of Law group in CBSE +2 syllabus.
Centre of Intellectual Activities, VIPS
She was the convenor of the CIA at VIPS and is presently the Secretary of the same.She has also been member of the examination committee.She has attended and participated in many national and international seminars.
Area of specialisation: Medieval Indian History
(LL.M.,LL.B, NET, Ph.D.)
She has 6 years of teaching experience. She has also worked as Guest Faculty in Gurgaon and Hisar.
Area of specialisation
Her area of specialization is Commercial Law. It includes Law of Contract, Business Laws and Corporate Law
She has been awarded Ph.D by MDU, Rohtak, on the topic .Law on Revival of Sick Industrial Companies: Problems, Policies and Prospectives..
Mr. J. Ravindran
Shri J Ravindran is working as an Assistant Professor of Law since January 2004. He teaches Constitutional Law, Law of Evidence and Election Law. He is a Member of the Anti-Ragging Committee and the Examination Committee.
Nodal Officer, VIPS: World Lung Foundation
Member:Moot Court Committee
Ms. Deepti Kohli
Convenor:Moot Court Committee
I did my Honors in Political Science from Delhi University in the year 2000. I completed my LL.B and LL.M from Faculty of Law, University of Delhi in 2003 and 2006. Before Joining Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, I was practicing as an advocate at civil and criminal courts in all District Courts and High Court from 2003-06. My area of interest includes Cyber Law, Copyright Law, Law of Evidence and Criminal Procedure Code. I have attended conferences and workshops at Delhi University and Indian Law Institute. I have always been an active member for moot court society. I have taken mock trials for 1st year students and presently convening VIPS MOOT, a society for moot courts and mock trials.
Ms. Shivani Singh
(LL.M., NET, Pursuing PH.D (Submitted the thesis))
International trade law
Publications / Workshop / Seminar, etc
*Research paper on "Legal Rights of Women in India"
*Research Advisor in a Project on "National Commission for Women" on "Causes of increase in the incidents of Rape in State of Haryana"
Immoral Trafficking (Prevention) Amendment Bill, 2006: A hope or Despair (cited as (2011)108 SCL 85)
Prostitution: A Victimless Crime or a Crime that Victimises Endlessly (cited as 181 (2011) DLT 35)
Ms. Monika Srivastava
Ms. Sushila Sharma
Presented a paper " Role of Right To Information in women empowerment " in National seminar on " RIGHT TO INFORMATION : FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE " held by BPSM Girls Degree college, Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidalya , Khanpur kalan, Sonepat in 2011
Member: Moot Court Society
Member: Cultural Committee
Ms. Tushita Gaur
Ms. Deepali Vashisht
For my professional growth I am pursuing Ph.D from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi on .Protection and Advancement of Rights of Farmers. under Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Rights Act, 2001: A Critical Study.. I passed National Entrance Test (NET) in 2010.
I have done LL.M in Intellectual Property Rights from the same above mentioned university in 2009.During my master I research on various topics like Protection of software in Copyright v. Patent, Geographical Indication under TRIPS and Intellectual Property Rights and Agro biodiversity. I have done online certificate course in Intellectual property rights from Indian Law Institute. I have done LL.B in 2007 from Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
Ms. Leena Moudgil
(NET, LL.M, Diploma in IPR)
She has done LL.B. from Delhi University in 2002 and LL.M. from Kurukshetra University with specialization in commercial laws in 2005. She has cleared UGC- NET in 2006. She is pursuing her Ph.D. from Kurukshetra University.
She has done short term course in Intellectual Property Rights from Indian Law Institute, Delhi. She has presented papers in national and international conferences.
She has taught various subjects Law of Contract, Business Law, Property Law, Administrative Law, Legal Method and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Ms. Nipun Gupta Jain
Worked as Law Researcher at Delhi Judicial Academy.
Paper presentation on topics such as Refugees Status In India, Cyber Terrorism, Cyber Piracy, Traditional Knowledge And Copyright, Religion Vis . a- Vis Public Order, Health And Morality, Copyright on Judgment: A sweat of The Brow or The Modicum of Creativity, Enter Net- A Gateway for Terrorism or a Way to End it.
. Refugees Status in India . An Analysis., published in A38 Journal of International Law.
.Relationship Between Traditional Knowledge and Public Domain Under Copyright Law. Published in Legal News and Views, Vol 26 No 10.
Rappoteur for The .International Seminar on Global Environment & Disaster Management: Law & Society. held on 22-24 July 2011 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
Participated as a delegate in the Fortieth Annual Conference of ISIL, held on 16-17 April 2011 at New Delhi.
Ms. Goma D. Gupta
(NET, LL.M, LL.M. (U.K.))
She is a law graduate from Amity Law School (affiliated to GGSIPU). She pursued Masters in Law from Durham University, U.K. in International Trade and Commercial Laws in the year 2007.
She completed a second LL.M. in the year 2012
She also undertook a certificate course in .Intellectual Property Rights & Information Technology in the Internet Age. from Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
She practiced in the District Courts and High Court of Delhi from 2008 to 2012. She has been an empanelled advocate of DSIIDC and DDA.
She qualified UGC-NET exam in the year 2011.
Areas of Specialisation
.An Appraisal of the Institutional Arrangements in India for Anti-Dumping Actions..
International Trade Law and Family Law.
Ms. Garima Singh
(M.Phil, M.A. (Political Science), NET)
Have pursued political science honors (BA. (h)) from Delhi University (Daulat Ram College), did post graduation (M.A) in political science from Delhi University, and pursued M.phil from Delhi University with specialization in Dalit and caste politics in India
Currently, pursuing PhD from Delhi University (since 2011) on Gender discourse.
research work on Theories on Social Exclusion . Special Reference on Caste and Gender. Done certificate and advance certificate course on .women and society. from Women Studies and Development Centre, Delhi University.
Areas Of Specialisation
Political theory, international relations, public administration, social exclusion, caste and dalits politics, gender and society, discourse on language.
Mr. Nishant Aggarwal
(IIFT, DL, DELF)
An IIFT alumnus, with B.Com. from the University of Delhi and DELF, DL in French Mr Nishant Agrawal is an Asstt Professor with us.
His experience of 17 years in Education and Training, follows 16 years of Industry experience in International Business, comprising extensive travel and stay in Europe for 3 years.
A boy scout, NCC cadet, and a sportsman throughout, he represented the Cricket champions’ team at the Delhi University.
Besides Education and Training, his interests extend to social welfare, pragmatic spirituality and philosophy. He is a member at various professional, social, cultural and spiritual organizations, and has attended global events like International Congress on "Teachers for Peace" in Paris.
Ms. Nidhi Mutreja
Ms. Vidhi Madaan Chadda
(B.Com (H), ACS, LL.M, NET)
Ms. Vidhi Madaan Chadda has done her B.Com. (Hons.) from Shri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Delhi University. She holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B.) from Campus Law Centre, Delhi University and a Masters of Laws Degree (LL.M.) from USLLS, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Dwarka. She is a qualified Company Secretary and an Associate Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India since 2009. She has acquired UGC – NET in July 2012 and was a Guest faculty at the NIRC of the ICSI as well as a Corporate trainer at ICSI before joining VIPS Law School as Asst. Professor Law.
Before coming into teaching she has practiced as a Company Secretary (Governance Professional) for over three years and conducted numerous secretarial audits and due diligence projects.
"Working of the Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act vis-à-vis Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 and Employees’ Provident Fund & Misc. Provisions Act, 1952”, article published in Taxmann’s SEBI Corporate Laws, (2012) 21 Tavmann 332.
AREA OF SPECIALISATION
Corporate Laws & Taxation
Ms. Ritu Kaushik
Dr. Pooja Malik
LLM, LLB, B.Com(H), NET, phD
Pooja Malik is working with VIPS Law School since August 2013. She has cleared UGC NET in June 2012 and done her LL.M in Corporate Laws. She is an alumna of prestigious institutions like Campus Law Centre, Delhi University; Shri Ram College of Commerce and D.P.S. R. K. Puram. Further, she is pursuing her Ph.D on the topic "Cyber Crime: A legal challenge".
- "Cyber Stalking: A Nightmare"; Asian Resonance Vol.-II Issue-I January 2013 (ISSN No. 0976-8602)
- "Phishing: An Internet Age Crime"; Mewar Journal of Law Vol. 1 & 2 Year 2012 (ISSN No. 0973-8800)
- LECTURES SEMINARS & TALKS
- Presented Paper on "Impact of Information Technology on Business" in International Conference on Managing Change in Business & Economy held in FMS, Pacific Academy of Higher Education & Research University, Udaipur on 6-7 April 2013
- Officiated as Rapporteur in the international conference on "INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW & LEGAL ASPECTS OF TRANS-BORDER INVESTMENT" held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi from 19th to 20th September 2009 organized by International Law Association
- Participated in the international conference on "ACCESS TO JUSTICE: LAW, POLICY AND INSTITUTION" held at ICC, New Delhi from 11th to 13th August 2006 in collaboration of Legal Education and Research Society (LEARS); Yale Law School, USA and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Sports Committee
- Moot Court Society
Ms. Navjeet Sidhu Kundal
B.A., LLB, LLM (Commercial Laws), NET, Pursuing PhD. (since 2011).
She did her Bachelor of Arts from Panjab University, Chandigarh. A NCC-C certificate holder, she is credited with awards in creative writing at College & Zonal(Inter-College) level. She went on to do her Bachelor & Master of Laws from Department of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh. Wrote a paper on “Corporate Governance & the Role of Directors” as part of dissertation for LLM. Currently pursuing Ph.D. in Law from Panjab University, Chandigarh (since 2011).
Ms. Mansi Gandhi
M.A. Sociology, NET
Ms. Barkha Trehan Kochhar
LL.M, NET, LL.B
Ms. Pallavi Mohpal
LL.M, NET, LL.B
Ms. Lovleen Sharma
LL.M, NET, LL.B
Ms. Priti Rana
LLM, LLB, M.A., B.A., NET
Ms. Priya Bhatnagar
LL.M, LL.B, B.A.
Ms. Mamta Sharma
LL.M, LL.B, B.A.
Ms. Khushboo Taliwal
M.Com, Net, B.Com (Hons.)
Ms. Ankita Kumar Gupta
Ms. Gunjan Malhotra Ahuja
Ms. Anuja Sahni
PGDM, M.A. (English), B.A. (Hons.) English
Ms. Aditi Mann
M.Phil, M.A., NET, B.A. (Hons.)
Ms. Rumi Roy
M.Phil, M.A., NET, B.A. (Hons.)
Ms. Shefali Sachdeva
M.Com, NET, B.Com
Ms. Sakshi Gupta